Saturday, January 31, 2004

Just been watching Sex in the city and Carrie was writing her blog and it reminded me that I hadn't bothered with mine since the accident. Nothing much to write about really, haven't been anywhere. My car was a write-off, Norwich Union are sending a cheque next week for £750. Then going to go out with Trevor to look for a new one , I'd like a Golf but they are too expensive unfortunately, not really sure what we will go for in the end. I am loads better than I was, still aching whenever I do something but the pain is nothing at all as bad as it was. I'll never be able to watch a car accident on the TV again without wincing. Derek phoned yesterday to tell me there was a job going in the garage at work that was right up my street as a crash test dummie.

Neave is doing great, has slept right through the night 3 weeks on the trot. I'm really going to miss her when I go back to work, I've even stupidly started putting on the lottery in the hope of winning just enough so that I don't have to. Rachel has gone out with Esther and Heidi through Bishop tonight, her first real night out on the drink. Paula, Jeanette and Minne Magoo cancelled so she wasn't in the greatest of moods.

Have bought more software synths, I'm becoming a bit of an addict, Dash Synthesis had an offer on for all there synths ...only $129, how could I resist? Eve is brilliant with somefantastic, sounds, Engalis is probably my favourite because the sitar sounds so cool. Also bought Oberhiem's Auto Tune for my vocals, not sure if it will do the trick but have worked out how to do the Cher effect. Haven't done anything musically, just been messing about with odd loops and stuff , will try and get a couple of hours in the back room tomorrow and do some work on "Spaceage Superstar"(funky song). Haven't heard from Geoff since well before Christmas, will have to phone him soon.

Have been watching some of my Christmas DVD's while I've been off work, the first series box set of the Tomorrow People has now been watched and enjoyed, also started watching odd episodes of Citizen Smith, Power to the People, I am definately on a reminising trip at the moment. Have even been watching Man about the house, George and Mildred and Robin's nest on Paramount, is that sad? I'm not sure. I do know Robin's Nest has the coolest theme tune ever though, Denim did a great version of it. My favourite songs of the moment are from the new Belle and Sebastian l.p. "I'm a cuckoo" and track 12 but I'm not sure what that ones called, an excellent l.p. have been singing along to it loads while in the kitchen.

Watched a really sad program last night, "For the benefit of Mr Parris" , 20 years ago up and coming Tory MP Matthew Parris spent a week ion the Scotswood Estate in Newcastle to see if he could last on the dole, he didn't. To follow up that program last year he went back and tried again, this time he just about managed it. He met some really unfortunate people. I know that 20 years ago I would have hated the man and everything he stood for but this time he seemed to have more compassion and I started to like him although he still wouldn't blame Thatcher for the situation some of those people found themselves in. I went to sleep feeling really guilty about where I now live, I know I was only 16 when that first programme went out but I'm sure I was a nicer person then, I cared more about other people and the predicaments they found themselves in, now though I think I just have have a fear that one day I might end up like them, In a tiny little flat somewhere, depressed and hooked on prozac, it just seems so easy to fall into it, lose your job, lose house, lose your wife a never ending downward spiral.. I remember that claustrophobic feeling from my flat in Bishop, Lambton Street suddenly felt like a mansion when I moved in there, all that space to walk around in, it was like winning the lottery!

Have finally started to read a book, I got it off Norman last year for Christmas , Tom Courtney's "Dear Tom", it's all the letters that his mother wrote to him years ago while he was just a fledgling actor, only just started it but so far so good, I am going to try and read a book a month at least.

No comments: