Thursday, January 01, 2004

HAPPY NEW YEAR. I know I always start the year off with the good intention of keeping a diary for the whole year but never ever actually do, I might manage the first few days days I think when I used to write in my electronic journal, I managed at least 3 weeks without missing a day. I will try but i know I'll fail. I'm writing this in a a little discomfort as I'm am currently suffering from whiplash, a bad back and sore wrists and arms, the result of the car crash on Tuesday. Me and Neave were in the Fiesta and Rachel was following in the Polo , we were taking the Polo to Mill Garage to have a look at it because the airbag light was staying illuminated when you drove it. As I left the motorway and slowed down at the Faverdale roundabout to see if anything was coming the sun was blinding me so I stopped , unfortunately Rachel was behind me and the sun was blinding her and she thought that I was still moving and ploughed into the back of me. I didn't know what was happening all I remember was my glasses flying off , scouring about on the floor looking for them and diving into the back of the car to see if Neave was OK, she seemed to be, I looked out the rear window and Polo was all squashed up at the front and at first glance it looked almost on top of the fiesta, Rachel was fine though, apart from nearly getting knocked over as she jumped out of the car to see if we were OK. We were in a bit of a state and didn't know what to do, loads of people went passed but nobody stopped until I went and tried to push Rachel's car off the road, I almost managed it on my own, then a lorry driver and a couple of young lads stopped and gave me a hand. We phoned Esther and Tony who came and took us hospital, Neave was OK , she was checked out by a couple of doctors and given the all clear. One of them had a look at me, testing my reflexes and stuff, said I had whiplash and to be prepared for it to get worse over the next few days, going off the pain today he was right. We managed to get home in the fiesta, but only just.

We went to Esther and Tony's for New Years Eve, I wasn't going to drink just stick to my tablets but decided not to be a party pooper and had a few Reefs to ease the pain, didn't seem to work, I did manage to spill half my WKD on Esthers' newly cleaned carpet, clumsy tit. Neave was a bit unsettled as if she knew she was somewhere else. We stopped up till about 12.30 then went to bed, Neave only woke up once. We got up about 8-ish I think, Esther made a great breakfast of bacon sarnies and teacake and plenty cups of tea.

Had a right lazy day once we got back, well I am in a bit of pain, phoned me Mam and Dad who have had a nice time in Lanzarote, they are going to walk over to see us tomorrow, we might be getting a courtesy car from Alan Reid's tomorrow aswell if the Polo isn't a write-off that is. I don't think it will be. Rachel did all the housework she must be knackered running after me, feeding Neave and everything else.

Started to sort out Synthetic Treasure Sample CD for Computer Music magazine and see if they are interested in buying them for use in the magazine.