Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I run to her house like it's all downhill


If only I had someone's house to run to like it's all downhill. Actually maybe I don't as I'm not as fit as I was when I was 19, and I'd probably have a heart attack before I made it half way. Reading parts of Fresh Air last night reminded me to give this Waltones track a spin . I just recently added it to my iTunes library so I thought I would share it. I first heard a song called Bold by them on a flexi-disc with the fanzine Irresponsible Spirit and it has remained a favourite, even the crackly whirry flexi version that I have also recently ripped. There is a compilation of everything they did available from Cherry Red called You've Gotta Hand It To 'Em. As much as I love my crackly vinyl it might be nice to have them all in one place , there is also a few unreleased songs on it. The Corn Dollies were another band who were on Medium Cool who I really liked, I must dig out Forever Steven and Be Small Again two more perfect songs. One of which was produced by Robert Forster but I can't remember which one. Here is the Waltones songs , enjoy the static.....
Bold
Downhill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved The Waltones, poptastic. The Raw Herbs were also good on Medium Cool. Stephen, do you have a song by Remember fun called Cold inside or am I making it up? Marc

stephen said...

Yes, they did have a song called Cold Inside,I thnk it was on a Egg compilation, when I find it in my garage I'll do you a copy of it. That CD I promised you is sat on my mantelpiece ready to send, I'll sort it out this weekend.