Monday, May 05, 2008

fresh air

I did a little tidying up in my garage today, only to find it was being used as a home for at least one family of mice, which wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't used my fanzine collection for bedding, quite a few have sadly been destroyed, fanzines that is not mice. The little blighters have also been nibbling away at the originals of This Almighty Pop, but Fresh Air managed to escape intact. The only fanzine I sold every issue of, well I only printed 100 and sold them for 20p. I've just scanned and printed myself a copy, if you fancy doing the same I've also done a PDF of it that can be downloaded here Fresh Air

3 comments:

Alistair Fitchett said...

i have this in my box of fanzines, i am sure. unless it is in the collection i loaned out to someone in Canada several years ago when she was writing a thesis on fanzines and independent culture. Hmmm. The idea of having a PDF repository of old fanzines is an old one of course, but it remains somewhat seductive. If only one had the time...

stephen said...

Just been having another rummage and found three Fire Raisers and a couple of Tangents fanzines in another box, sharing space with a Hungry Beat, a Same Sky, a couple A.Y.S.T.G.H's, Turn, Pure Popcorn, Simply Thrilled and a load more. That old fanzine online museum would be nice to have at your finger tips. Like you say it would be great if only there were hours in the day.

stephen said...

That should have been MORE hours in the day.