Saturday, July 01, 2006


Needed to write something about what is at the moment my favourite song of the year even though it may have been released last year, it's by a band I used to love years ago The Bats, looks like they got back together to record another l.p. and it's like they've never been away. The first song on it "Western Isles"is enough for me, it just breezes in through the window, cooling me down on this lazy hot summer night, ( it's like 1976 all over again). Studio banter in songs always score top marks with me, as do gorgeous acoustic guitars, That never faltering voice of Robert Scott's is great to hear again and there are just not enough of those occassional bo-bo-boo's supplied by Kaye Woodward , they really really are dreamy. This album has more that it's fair share of magnificent moments on it ,I don't really want to spoil the surprise, I urge you to buy "At the National Grid" from Egg Records of Glasgow, Scotland. Now! Apart from falling in love with this album , I finally got around to sending Jyoti and Marc a DVD of our knock out performance in Nottingham back in 1992. Jyoti wore a suit , Marc wore a big hat and I kept my back to the audience. Once I figure out how to cut the gig into song segments I'll post them up on You Tube .You never know someone might want to watch them.

No comments: