Saturday, October 23, 2004

Marc phoned me last night, it was great to hear from him. I refrained from saying my usual... I was going to phone you, even though I had been thinking about him earlier in the day , when I saw a (recent)photo of John Taylor and thought to myself he looks a little bit like Marc. Why don't I try a bit harder to keep in touch with my friends? The new rough trade compilation Indiepop 1 CD collection had reminded him about this almighty pop so he thought he'd give me a ring. We both agreed that the tracklisting wasn't as good as it could have been which is a shame, maybe if/when they do volume two it will be better. I wouldn't have put any of those new bands on it though, I'd probably have filled it with songs by dolphin 7 bands and bulldozer crash. Talking of whom they might be a slight reunion at the beginning of the new year, well we have made some tentative plans for a weekend recording session. I did neglect to tell him that the majority of my recording gear is in the loft and I'm virtually virtual now, just me and my laptop. I guess I've got 3 months to get myself up in the loft and blow off all the dust.
Neave climbed all the way up the stairs on her own today, she'll be walking before we know it and then the fun will be begin, so everyone keeps telling us.

No comments: