Sunday, November 29, 2009

kiss-kiss-kiss like you mean it


This almighty pop stars Play People have just released their third single on the Savoy Discs record label, this time it's a 3 track pop e.p. called Feel Good. The songs are all hook laden pop tunes that make me feel sad and nostalgic for days long gone. Listen out for some ukele and a little dubreq stylophone action too. Track 3 "What I Mean To Say" (nukele version) is my favourite for today, that chorus could be by one of those Micky Most produced pop band's from the 70's, nice. If you would like a copy of your own order it here . If you haven't picked up the band's 7" Goes Out on Cloudberry now might be a good time before it sells out.

I'm a little bit behind the times with Bye Bye, Duffel Boy number one fanzine which came out in the summer, but I've just nabbed myself a copy from Caramel distro those stockists of fine fanzines for over a year now. It's written by Pete Green whose "Everything I Do is Gonna be Sparkly" song occasionally shows it's face and brings a smile to mine when shuffle is engaged on my ipod. The fanzine has a great interview with Stuart Indie Tracks, the mighty Horowitz and a nice article by Marianthi which made feel like I really should be doing more. It's a bargain at 70p! Caramel also sent me a free copy of Wishful Thinking an indie pop publication full of bands nearly all new to me as well as a nice interview with Ed from Shelflife.

2 comments:

Marianthi said...

You should be doing more you know. :)

stephen said...

I will.