Monday, October 02, 2006


Ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with? I have on far too many occasions and it's just happened again, unfortunately it's not a girl this time, it's quite sad really because it's Apple computers, for about two hours today I just sat watching quick time movies about the features of the new MacBook and the iLife software it comes with , I have even been watching presentations about the operating system. I have fallen head over heels with it all, if it works as good as it looks like it does in those clips I can see myself converting.

I had a little go on one of the white MacBooks in PC World the other day and thought it was quite magical (it is a computer I'm talking about isn't it?), the buttons on the keyboard were enough for me to want one all rubbery and squishy like Christopher Scotts' old ZX Spectrum, and now that I know all the stuff that it can do and what comes as standard, I want one now. I have ignored them for so long and I just wonder how long they have been this good. There are a few rumours on some of the Music Tech forums I frequent that Apple may update them with better processors just in time for Christmas so I might hang onto until then.

I installed iTunes today aswell, all part of my new Apple infatuation. It took ages for it to organise the library thats on my external USB drive. I love the way it displays the record covers. Today I also purchased my first song from the iTunes store . White Town - "A New Surprise". It was just what the doctor ordered lifting my spirits sky high. It seems such a long time since I heard a new song by White Town I didn't really know what to expect. It certainly wasn't this groovy upbeat handclapping little number. I wish I could get up and dance , but for now though I'll satisfy myself with some serious head nodding and a bit shoulder shimmying. A song I think about loving life , the Jetsons and not golfing on the moon. It makes me smile and laugh and I know it's the song I will want to hear when I first get up tomorrow morning. It doesn't take that much to make me smile just 79p for a download on iTunes. . . . .try it here. Once you hear it you'll want to buy the new 7" vinyl e.p. on the Swedish label Heavenly Pop Hits which it includes "A new surprise" and 3 other tunes.

.

No comments: